- Continue my Pray and Play time. First thing in the morning I'll allow my kids to play (maybe even outside!) and spend sometime in prayer
- Keep the USCCB Daily Readings book marked on my phone. So when I'm at another appointment instead of looking at Instagram I'll pull up the readings for the day
- Recite a decade of the Rosary in my car, with my kids, before we turn on the radio
- Use my prayer ambiance from Youtube during our “quiet time”
- With my kids, tell Jesus about our day during our night time routine
- Tell Alexa to “Play The Divine Mercy Chaplet” (It's almost the exact amount of time it takes me to unload and load the dishwasher)
I love summer. Truly just love the sunshine and a chance to be outdoors all the time. However, without the structure and routine of school year activities it can be really hard to stick to a consistent prayer routine. I've found myself getting ready to crawl in bed and realized I haven't spent quiet time with the Lord. I realize this is a season, literally and figuratively, and one day I'll miss the busyness, but I also need to order my day around prayer. I'm usually a little more grounded if I have my dedicated time.
I thought maybe some of you could also be in the same boat, so here are some ways I'm going to do to try and help myself focus on Jesus.
Favorites loved over and over again