The feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary was created by St. Pius V in thanksgiving for the defeat of the Turks at Lepanto. This victory was attributed to praying the rosary.
The purpose of the Rosary is to help us meditate on the mysteries of salvation, placing Jesus at the center of our lives and the “Hail Mary”. The union between Mary and Jesus is intertwined throughout Jesus' earthly life and His divine life.
Of course, the easiest and most simple way to celebrate this day is…wait for it…. saying the Rosary!!!
Here are a few ways to make it more fun and a family friendly activity:
- Go for a Rosary walk around the block. Get everybody moving and praying!
- Join The Little Rose Shop as we pray along either with our Rosary Quiet book or our YouTube videos. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CnC0tV7lEDM?si=KctMgtQ1ymAkVexV" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Have little ones make an edible Rosary with cheerios or M&M. At the start of each “bead” they can eat the treat!
- Make it a habit to pray at least a decade of the Rosary in the car. This time driving here to there for groceries, soccer, or gymnastics can be redeemed as time spent with the Blessed Mother!
- Snag our free coloring page and listen to the Rosary while coloring.
Check out all things Rosary at The Little Rose Shop.